Have you been charged with Assault or Violent Offences?
We have extensive experience in representing clients charged with:
- Threat to Kill/Inflict Serious Injury
- Summary Assaults
- Recklessly cause injury or serious injury
- Intentionally cause injury or serious injury
- Family and Domestic Violence
- Alcohol and Drug related Violence
- Intervention Orders in relation to Violence matters
Crimes involving violence have become a serious community concern resulting in recent changes in legislation. The courts are imposing increased penalties for crimes of violence. Currently under the Victorian gross violence legislation a mandatory sentence of a minimum 4 years in prison may be imposed, even for individuals with no past criminal convictions.
Our team of solicitors understands that assault and crimes involving violence are complex matters. We assess your case and identify key issues such as whether you were acting in self defence, whether any exceptional circumstances arise that may assist your case or whether you have been mistakenly identified as being involved.